Where am I?

Where am I?
The view from here

Doorway

Doorway
Where is it? Is it in your neighborhood?

Gino

Gino
Corner of Haight and Octavia

Monday, March 21, 2011

Cliff's Variety Pictures

Here are some old photographs of Cliff's Variety from the late 50s to early 60s, courtesy of co-owners Martha and Ernest Asten. I figured some of the photojournalism students and our professor might get a kick out of it.

Former owner Ernie DeBaca building something (1963).

Halloween at Cliff's (1959).

Cliff's Variety at its 515 location (1959).

The dinosaur Ernie made for Halloween on Castro Street (1959).

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, Lissette. I loved these. Do you want me to ask my friend if you can write her. She worked at Cliff's in the 90s for a long time. You might have enough without her. You can weave these into your story!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I have enough information, but thank you anyway.

    ReplyDelete

San Francisco

San Francisco
Our city is rich in heritage