Where am I?

Where am I?
The view from here

Doorway

Doorway
Where is it? Is it in your neighborhood?

Gino

Gino
Corner of Haight and Octavia

Friday, April 29, 2011

Mr. Watters

I had just finished Ethan Watters' book and I must say I was impressed with how he reinforced his arguments using different a couple different countries as models for his book. Although some parts sort of dragged a little, but I thought he did a fantastic job in terms of how he conducted his interviews and background information he used for his book. Psychology isn't exactly my cup of tea, but the fact that he was comparing Western psych methods with other cultures made his book all the more interesting.

Before attending Ethan Watters' talk I was a little weary about going to the event because I was completely exhausted from all the work I had to do for other classes and I was afraid of falling asleep in the middle of Watters' talk. Thankfully I stayed awake through the whole thing, writing down any relevant information for the "Crazy Like US" assignment.

I was pleasantly surprised to see that Mr. Watters was just as impressive in real life as he is in the book. He had done a great job answering most our questions and was able to eloquently explain some of the psychological terms he used in his book. My favorite part of the event was when he told us about the "Top 10 things you need to know before going on the Daily show" (obviously he was on the Daily Show), which I thought was hilarious.

I'm not sure if everyone realized this, but we literally have two or three weeks of school left, wasn't it just yesterday we were working on our "HOOD1" assignment? Is it just me or has time gone by a little too fast?

No comments:

Post a Comment

San Francisco

San Francisco
Our city is rich in heritage