Where am I?

Where am I?
The view from here

Doorway

Doorway
Where is it? Is it in your neighborhood?

Gino

Gino
Corner of Haight and Octavia

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Ethan Watters

Pre-lecture questions
Getting excited for the lecture!!
Best. Class. Ever.
Well... If you look at the pictures above, it really is Crazy Like Us!
Ethan Watters drinking his diet coke before the hour and four minute lecture

I attended the Ethan Watters "lecture" yesterday. I didn't feel like it was a lecture, but rather an explanation of how he came to write Crazy Like Us. It was interesting, engaging and I think very few people were zoning out and falling asleep.

What interested me the most about Ethan Watters' discussion, was when he talked about his freelance work and how he got to where he is now. The Writer's Grotto is an office space where over 30 writers can come and write their articles and have it reviewed by other members of The Writer's Grotto.

After reading Crazy Like Us and hearing Mr. Watters' writing process and research process, I am intrigued to read his other books and articles in the New York Times Magazine, as well as checking out The Writer's Grotto.

Oh, and he also told us 10 Things Not To Do Before Going on The Daily Show. That was funny.

3 comments:

  1. OBSESSED WITH YOUR FUNNY PICTURES AND CAPTIONS!! We are crazy and I seriously love everyone in our class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i don't like any of you. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete

San Francisco

San Francisco
Our city is rich in heritage