Where am I?

Where am I?
The view from here

Doorway

Doorway
Where is it? Is it in your neighborhood?

Gino

Gino
Corner of Haight and Octavia

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Public exposure, fights and DUIs.

NORTH BEACH!

It's an amazing place. I really do enjoy spending most of my time there and getting to know the variety of people that add flavor to such a diverse neighborhood.

This weekend I spent Friday and Saturday night hanging around some bars/clubs in the area. I mainly stayed on Broadway and Columbus and got to see a lot of people acting silly-meaning drunk.

Long story short, I witnessed a bunch of drunken guys letting their egos get the best of them and start fights. One guy started running past me and pushed another guy with all of his might. I also got a free show and saw a big girl expose her breasts more than once to a bunch of guys who were doing a music video. I wanted to talk to her, but she stumbled away rather quickly. The policemen also got to know me and would talk to me every time I would pass by.

I witnessed a lot of people jaywalking in front of cop cars as well as some drunken drivers. I also talked to a few bouncers who gave me their contact information and a free pass to a strip club.

I plan to go back later this week to pick up some crime reports.

4 comments:

  1. This area is great! Glad to hear you aren't encountering too much dangerous shinanigans, Broadway can be a bit sketchy. Cool insight for future stories, as far as the lack of respect in front of the policemen. I'm having trouble talking to some police officers I saw walking around South Beach, they seemed really preoccupied. Any tips??

    I also love Columbus. The Stinking Rose is a great restaurant (for special occasions), Cobbs Comedy Club is great for dates, and Gelato Naia is a great coffee place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, sounds like someone's getting lucky in the source department. Who would have thought one would find sources at a strip club. Maybe I should go to the bars in the Castro, I might get story ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't been to North Beach but it sounds like an interesting place(: I hope you feel better and good luck with those crime reports.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Kealan Yeah talking to cops can be a bit difficult. I used to date a cop for a while and that experience got me a lot more comfortable with them. Cops are just like journalists (or most human beings) they like their ego stroked. And just like Yvonne said you have to be assertive when talking to them. For the most part, they're nice. The Sticking Rose is great! I still have so many places to check out though.

    @ Lissette Yeah I actually went to a bar in the beginning of the semester and met a couple of really cool poets and a drunken philosopher. You def. have to be careful though, some guys are rude.

    @ Elissa Good luck to you too! North Beach is a really hip place! You have to go check it out sometime!

    ReplyDelete

San Francisco

San Francisco
Our city is rich in heritage