Where am I?

Where am I?
The view from here

Doorway

Doorway
Where is it? Is it in your neighborhood?

Gino

Gino
Corner of Haight and Octavia

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The famous piano incident at the Condor Club.

The Condor Club was the FIRST ever topless club that opened in the United States. After talking to quite a few bouncers at the clubs for my crime story, I've noticed that the bouncers at strip clubs are usually the friendliest and most eager to talk to me.

I met a bouncer who works at the Condor Club by the name of Ben, and he told me about an interesting incident that happened in 1983 which made headlines:

A bouncer,  Jimmy Ferrozzo, was having sexual intercourse with his girlfriend on top of a piano when suddenly the piano lift was accidentally activated and crushed Ferrozzo to his death. His girlfriend survived was found in the morning pinned underneath Ferrozzo.

The club has a specialty drink named after the incident called Sex on the Piano.

Ben told me to come check the club out, he claims it is haunted. Spooky!

3 comments:

  1. I feel like I somewhere heard this story before.... Maybe they stole the incident for a crime show? Either way, that's an amazing story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh sounds like an awesome story idea, will the strip club be your Feature story?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah it's a pretty crazy story! The strip club will be a part of my feature, but it won't revolve around it.

    ReplyDelete

San Francisco

San Francisco
Our city is rich in heritage