Where am I?

Where am I?
The view from here

Doorway

Doorway
Where is it? Is it in your neighborhood?

Gino

Gino
Corner of Haight and Octavia

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Diggin' for Crime at a Strip Club.

Last week I went to North Beach with the intention of talking to random bouncers/security workers. After talking to a few interesting people, I found a man by the name of Jason who said has been working at the strip clubs in North Beach since 2007. Jason talked quite a bit and was very friendly and informative, he gave me his number so I texted him last night.

After working out for two hours at the gym, he gave me a call right as I was about to head out. He told me to come on down to a strip club where he was working. Since I was already pretty close to North Beach I decided to head on over. I've never been to a female strip club before, so I felt a little uneasy. Being a Monday night I expected North Beach to be pretty dead; however there were a lot of folks roaming around in the street. I started walking down to the Garden of Eden, ignoring the various comments from strangers and instead following the bright lights that led to the path of lust.

To my surprise Jason was working as a DJ that night. I really didn't understand why he would invite me to talk to him with all the loud music, but it was an interesting experience none-the-less. I talked to some of the strippers there who told me that for the most part, there is very low crime that occurs in strip clubs. Since it was a fully nude club, they didn't serve alcohol there. One stripper told me that she has been working there for 7 years now and has never experienced anything bad. Before she used to work at the Verizon store where she said she was held at gunpoint. I also talked to the manager, James, who pretty much told me the same thing.

"There are some fights that go on when guys try to abuse the girls that work here," said James. "But we try to talk them out before they get out of hand."

I got some pretty good quotes, but seeing that they worked at a strip club, most people that I talked to were hesitant to give me there last name.

Some girls didn't take a liking to me and one of them flicked her hair at my face. Some of the men thought I worked there too, which confused me seeing how I was wearing two jackets, jeans and boots. All-in-all, strip clubs seem to be a pretty safe place. I'm going to go out to North Beach this weekend to see what happens in other clubs/bars.




4 comments:

  1. This is going to sound funny and maybe I'm wrong, but the DJ probably thought you were cute and maybe he wanted to impress you. As for the strippers, I've been told when a girl flicks her hair at you or does anything remotely catty it usually means they think you look better then they do and it's like you said some of the guys thought you were one of the strippers. Anyway, I think it's great you went to the strip club, it got you out of your shell. I'm sure your crime story will come out great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I don't know, he's been inviting me out to a lot of places, but I've been hesitant to go because I'm not looking for a date. Yeah girls can be catty for sure. Rawr! I just ignored it because even though I thought it was rude, I really just wanted to observe and stay behind-the-scene so to speak. I hope it goes well, good luck with yours too! We're almost done :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a wonderful article, Given so much info in it, These type of articles keeps the users interest in the website, and keep on sharing more ... good luck. they have the best strippers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your post, I look for such article along time, today i find it finally. this post give me lots of advise it is very useful for me. strippers of palm springs are the best

    ReplyDelete

San Francisco

San Francisco
Our city is rich in heritage