Where am I?

Where am I?
The view from here

Doorway

Doorway
Where is it? Is it in your neighborhood?

Gino

Gino
Corner of Haight and Octavia

Sunday, May 1, 2011

An interesting experience in Japantown

So, today I decided to run around San Francisco today, mainly because it was gorgeous, and decided to get a head start on my final feature story for this class. I have decided to take on the article about what people, organizations and stores are doing to continuously provide relief aid to those victims of the Japan tsunami and earthquake.

I was disappointed that in the center of Japantown no organization was out asking for donations or anything like that. It was only when I walked into stores or right before I was seated at Oksaya Koji restaurant that I saw my first sign of aid.

"Half of all proceeds made on Mon-Fri will go to tsunami relief." - Posted at Beni Hanna
"All proceeds of purchasing this wristband will go to tsunami and earthquake relief in Japna" - in front of Oksaya Koji.

Truly interesting. I'm determined to find out how and when those proceeds actually get to Japan.

1 comment:

  1. I think that's a fantastic story idea, I think you're bound to get tons of sources in Japan town. By the way how do you feel about udon noodles?

    ReplyDelete

San Francisco

San Francisco
Our city is rich in heritage