Where am I?

Where am I?
The view from here

Doorway

Doorway
Where is it? Is it in your neighborhood?

Gino

Gino
Corner of Haight and Octavia

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Witnesses and Their Elaborate Stories

A lot of the witnesses I've interviewed in the past couple of days have told the most exaggerated, laughingly false accounts.

You can see their faces swell, being questioned, on-the-spot, and so come up with useless, but often entertaining versions of truth.

I like hearing how people tell stories.

For example: "The escalator ate him up."

But also, how an accurate witness tells the story, is a way I want to follow.


3 comments:

  1. I'm a little concerned with how certain information is being passed around in San Francisco. By the way how's your crime story going?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wyatt, it might be fun to weave the most fantastic stories into the official view to show how people exaggerate (lie?).

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha, great suggestion. I'll do it. And yes Katherine, for the sake of journalism we must keep Dennis Quaid out.

    ReplyDelete

San Francisco

San Francisco
Our city is rich in heritage