Where am I?

Where am I?
The view from here

Doorway

Doorway
Where is it? Is it in your neighborhood?

Gino

Gino
Corner of Haight and Octavia

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

A sigh of relief

Finally, the final story of the semester is done. I mean, I finished it last night and everything, but still. It was such a great weight lifted off my shoulders. Although, I do have two more papers to write for other classes. I just want this semester to be over so I can enjoy summer, hopefully land an internship, and save money.

The process of writing this final feature was a little difficult at first - I didn't know what lead I should use and how to format it. After I figured it out, the words came together and formed, what I think, is a great article about the Japan earthquake and tsunami and how San Francisco organizations are helping out.

I was able to get interviews with representatives from two big organizations donating funds, which was great.

---

Looking back on this semester in this class, it was by far the most difficult journalism class I have ever been in. The amount of work in this class should really make this class a 10 unit course. I'd graduate faster that way, too. The best thing I got out of this class, though, was meeting the people I did. We have such a great class and I'm thankful for being in it. Who knows... maybe we'll all be working with each other out in the "real world" and use our connections that we have made to our advantage.

Thank you, everyone, for a great semester! =)

2 comments:

  1. I bet your story turned out great! Good luck getting an internship through the mentor program!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Leigh. I hope you have a good summer. See you next year!

    ReplyDelete

San Francisco

San Francisco
Our city is rich in heritage