Where am I?

Where am I?
The view from here

Doorway

Doorway
Where is it? Is it in your neighborhood?

Gino

Gino
Corner of Haight and Octavia

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Vanguard Poems

In one of my older post I mentioned I had gone to the Vanguard's magazine launch party, well I was going through my file cabinet and I found a booklet of some of Vanguard's oldest pieces. Some of them are extremely graphic, but still thought provoking and I think you guys might enjoy them.

The following poem was written by transvestite prostitute from the 1960s:

"The Hustler"

I sell my love for dollars,
If you can spare the time,
A Hug is but a nickle
A kiss is but a dime.

I'll go to bed for twenty,
All night for just ten more.
Now don't get the idea
That I am just a whore.

For if I didn't sell my love,
Where else would it go?
I have no one to give it to;
No one who'd care to know.

So open up your wallet
and show me what you've got,
And whether I should love you
A little or a lot.

If you guys want me to post a couple more, let me know?

No comments:

Post a Comment

San Francisco

San Francisco
Our city is rich in heritage