Where am I?

Where am I?
The view from here

Doorway

Doorway
Where is it? Is it in your neighborhood?

Gino

Gino
Corner of Haight and Octavia

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Final Project

I am officially drowning. Aside from all the work that has accumulated from my other glasses, I'm afraid of not getting a new perspective on this whole America's Cup final paper.
I know...you are all tired of hearing about this subject and believe me, I feel like I've beaten it dead. But there just isn't a lot going on in my neighborhood, and I have looked.

Now the problem is getting a new angle on this story. I tried making one of those web charts...you know where the main subject is in the middle and you attach sub-subjects. A sort of brain storming thing. I have interviewed officials (firemen and police), residents, merchants, tourists, a contestant, and of course the yachting community. Currently trying to interview my supervisor, Jane Kim, but failing. I'm hoping to talk to her about the finances of the whole event, because as of now, the only information on that is at least a year old.

I have now written two stories for this subject and I'm afraid I can't find a new angle and I'm nervous it's too late to change the topic. I'm hoping for a big change in direction, if not in the topic at least on this subject. Please, please let the next person I interview say something too opinionated and original.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure you'll be fine, have you tried setting an appointment through your supervisor's assisstants? And have you tried asking yourself how this would affect other businesses financially? Would it attract more tourists?Maybe compare it to past events? Right now I'm just shooting ideas, but I hope it's of some use to you.

    ReplyDelete

San Francisco

San Francisco
Our city is rich in heritage