Where am I?

Where am I?
The view from here

Doorway

Doorway
Where is it? Is it in your neighborhood?

Gino

Gino
Corner of Haight and Octavia

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Getting to Know Noe Valley

This semester has been absolutely uh-mazing! I have made life long journalism friends and have written about things that I actually enjoyed, who would have thought?

This semester in particular has been one of growth. I have learned how to go out and find a story, been pressured by deadlines and have gotten over my fear of going up to strangers and asking them questions. I have learned a lot in JOUR 300 and will continue using all the techniques that Yvonne has taught us.

I remember when I decided to pick Noe Valley for my beat. I had never heard of it before. From what I read, it is a district where friendly people were always around in cafes or walking their dogs.

I have learned about the people, the businesses and the changes that will eventually come out of this district. It was a refreshing experience spending time in a place where I knew no one and coming up with stories.

Our last day of class is today and I am really going to be sad. Everyone in this class has so much talent and I can't wait to have class with you guys in the future! As for Yvonne, I have learned so much. Your experiences and stories are truly inspiring. I have never been more excited and anxious to get into the field of journalism.

I know I'm being super sentamental and corny but hey, that's just my personality. I like to gush from time to time!

3 comments:

  1. Hahaha awww you're so cute. We will all see each other soon enough once the new semester begins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I concur, it's been an insane semester.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Elissa. YOU did learn a lot and wasn't easy covering a neighborhood your professor lives in!
    See you next year!

    ReplyDelete

San Francisco

San Francisco
Our city is rich in heritage